My vision for a utopian society

Friday 2 January 2009, 12:57 pm | Comments (1)

So, I've decided to start another blog. Another blog, you say? Yes, another blog. Read carefully next time.

I know, I've tended to neglect blogs in the past, but they were always about trivial things like my travels around Europe or my list of things to do before I die. This, however, will be much more profound, meaningful and character-building.

Okay, maybe not. Still, I love nothing more (aside from my family and friends – I don't want to receive any angry emails) than a good film or an involving book or an addictive television programme. I also love forcing my opinions onto others in a vain attempt to change the world into a kind of utopian society where reading tabloid newspapers is a criminal offence, quality programmes such as Deadwood are mandatory viewing and the filmmakers behind tripe like Meet the Spartans are punished in the most cruel and barbaric ways imaginable. I seriously think we might attain world peace.

Failing that, at least I'll get the chance to put my university degree – which was in popular culture, the media and communications, for those of you playing along at home – to good use. Hopefully, I'll cover a good mix of (quality) popular stuff and some more obscure entertainment you won't have come across. And if I find myself in a few years' time favourably reviewing Celebrity Big Brother (or, indeed, reviewing any incarnation of Big Brother at all), I'll know that my life has completely fallen apart.

Aside from spewing forth my thoughts on all things filmic, literary and televisual, I might also get the urge to rant about more meaningful happenings in life. Consider these minor digressions.

Anyway, it all kicks off tomorrow. Ciao!

1 comments:

brady jay @ 5 August 2009 at 00:25

Seriously, how did this gem escape my attention? Your marketing people should get the boot. I'm going to read from this maiden post right through until morning. I've always liked your style.

 

All original content is Copyright © 2009 by popular culture... etc. | Firebug Theme by Blog Oh! Blog | Converted to Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com